C++ Ajax Frameworks
- Wt : Wt (pronounce wit-ty), is a C++ library to develop web applications. The API is widget-centric, and inspired by existing C++ Graphical User Interface APIs. To the developer, it offers complete abstraction of any web-specific implementation details.
Coldfusion Ajax Frameworks
- JSMX : JSMX is an Ultra Lightweight - Language Agnostic - Ajax Framework. It is by far the easiest way to integrate Ajax into any Web Application.
- WDDXAJAX : wddxAjax is a ColdFusion custom tag to enable AJAX on *.cfm template.
DotNet Ajax Frameworks
- Ajax.NET Professional : Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 library and examples
- Ajax Engine : An AJAX Framework using the standard webservice protocols SOAP and WSDL.
- Anthem.NET : The Anthem project adds AJAX-like features to ASP.NET.
- Atlas : Atlas is a free framework for building a new generation of richer, more interactive, highly personalized cross-browser web applications.
- ComfortASP.NET : ComfortASP.NET is an AJAX like framework for ASP.NET that doesn’t actually require you to learn any AJAX programming.
- EmergeTk : The emerge toolkit is a web application development framework for the 21st century. The server is written in C#, and currently runs on MS .NET. We use the wonderful dojo toolkit on the client.
- MonoRail : MonoRail (former Castle on Rails) is a MVC web framework inspired by Action Pack. The Action Pack way of development is extremely productive, very intuitive and easily testable.
- PowerWEB LiveControls for ASP.NET : PowerWEB LiveControls for ASP.NET is a suite of 21 Web Controls that allow you to raise server-side callbacks and update form elements without reloading the entire HTML page.
- radControls for .NET : telerik r.a.d.controls suite is the most innovative and comprehensive toolset for professional ASP.NET development, boasting the capabilities of AJAX, Atlas and Visual Studio .NET 2005.
- WebORB for .NET : WebORB Presentation Server is a platform for developing, deploying and hosting Rich Internet Applications.
- zumiPage : zumiPage makes it easy to build rich, interactive web-based applications. With zumiPage postbacks to the server are automatically captured on the client-side, and sent via an XmlHttp mechanism.
Flash Ajax Frameworks
- Flex Framework:FABridge : The Flex-Ajax Bridge (FABridge) is a small, unobtrusive library of code that you can insert into an Adobe Flex application, a Flex component, or even an empty SWF file to expose it to scripting in the browser. It is being released to the community under an open source license.
Java Ajax Frameworks
- AJAX Dev Library : The first visual Ajax IDE
- Java Web Parts : Java Web Parts is a project that provides small, reusable and largely independant Java components of interest to all web application developers.
- The AJAX-JSF : AJAX for JavaServer Faces
- Echo 2 : Echo2 is the next-generation of the Echo Web Framework, a platform for developing web-based applications that approach the capabilities of rich clients.
- Guise : A Graphical User Interface, Simple yet Elegant - Guise is a web user interface framework for Java designed from the ground up to be both simple and elegant.
- JSP Controls Tag Library : JSP Controls Tag Library allows to create independent portlet-like page fragments, like login forms, checkout wizards, tabbed notebooks or image sliders.
- jWic : jWic is a java-based development framework for developing dynamic web applications with the convenience and familiarity of rich client style programming.
- SWATO : Shift Web Application TO… : Developing Web Applications Easier via AJAX
- Clearnova : ThinkCAP - an advanced MVC (Model, View, Controller) framework that manages the runtime layout and presentation of GUI components, state management, data binding, validation, and data persistence.
- ThinWire : ThinWire is a development framework that allows you to easily build applications for the web that look and feel like the desktop applications you’re familiar with.
- WebORB for Java : WebORB is a server technology enabling development, deployment and runtime execution of Rich Internet Applications.
- WidgetServer : A Unified (AJAX, RemoteSwing, XMLGui) Generic GUI Toolkit
- xulfaces : xulfaces adds XUL power to Java via Java Server Faces
- xWire Framework : The open source xWire framework is both a framework and a programmer’s toolkit and is based upon several popular open source libraries. It is generally used to build Java-based web applications.
- ajaxProject : ajaxProject is a rich client Project Management application delivered through browser.
- Backbase : Backbase develops and sells software that helps you to create great AJAX applications.
- Bindows : Bindows Framework provides you with: A class based, Object Oriented API, A complete windowing system with a wide array of supported widgets including menus, forms, grids, sliders, gauges and more.
- JackBe NQ Suite : JackBe’s NQ Suite is complete set of development tools that allows rapid development of sophisticated, rich-client applications using AJAX.
- Javeline FrameWork : With Javeline FrameWork developers can deliver applications to modern browsers on all platforms. Javeline FrameWork focusses on short development cycles and extensive functionality for the end user.
- SmartClient : The SmartClient web presentation layer radically enhances the usability and performance of standards-based web applications.
- TIBET : Enterprise-Class AJAX — for an Open Source world.
- UI4W : UI4Web (just UI4W from now) is a Java Script User Interface library, providing widgets common in desktop UIs (such as tables, trees and tabs) to the web developer toolbox in a consistent way.
- Zimbra : Zimbra is an open source server and client technology for next-generation enterprise messaging and collaboration.
- AjaxGear : AjaxGear is a toolkit that allows you to take advantage of the client-side technique known as AJAX.
- Ajax Toolbox : AjaxToolbox.com offers the AjaxRequest Library. It simplifies and extends the capabilities of the XMLHttpRequest object.
- HtmlHttpRequest : This script dynamically loads remote documents for parsing and/or insertion into the current document.
- TelePort : Javeline TelePort is an Open Source server communication layer supporting all popular web services such as XML-RPC, SOAP, JSON, REST and Comet.
- JSMX : JSMX is an Ultra Lightweight - Language Agnostic - Ajax Framework.
- libXmlRequest : The XmlRequest library contains a two public request functions, getXml and postXml, that may be used to send synchronous and asynchronous XML Http requests from Internet Explorer and Mozilla.
- MAJAX : Minimalistic AJAX Client
- XHConn : simplify and unify the code necessary to successfully send and receive simple data via XMLHTTP.
Lisp Ajax Frameworks
Multi-Language Ajax Frameworks
- ARSCIF : Asynchronous Remote–Script Callback Invocation (a.k.a. remote scripting) is a technique by which ECMAScript code in a browser can connect to a server without reloading a page.
- CPAINT : CPAINT (Cross-Platform Asynchronous INterface Toolkit) is a multi-language toolkit that helps web developers design and implement AJAX web applications with ease and flexibility.
- JSON-RPC : JSON-RPC is lightweight remote procedure call protocol similar to XML-RPC.
- SAJAX : open source tool to make programming websites using the Ajax framework
Multi-Platform Ajax Frameworks
- Taconite - Cross Browser AJAX Framwork : Taconite is a framework that simplifies the creation of Ajax enabled Web applications. It’s a very lightweight framework that automates the tedious tasks related to Ajax development, such as the creation and management of the XMLHttpRequest object and the creation of dynamic content.
- The haXe Programming Language : The haXe programming language is uniting server and client platforms under one language. It brings features that are making it easy to deal with a dynamic world such as DHTML or Databases, while still bringing you a full-featured type system with a compiler that will detect errors early in the development phase.
Perl Ajax Frameworks
- CGI::Ajax : perl + Ajax
- HTML::Prototype : Code generating modules for Prototype
- Catalyst : Catalyst is a new MVC framework for Perl.
PHP Ajax Frameworks
- AjaxAC : AjaxAC is an open-source framework written in PHP
- Ajax Agent : powerful open source framework for rapidly building Ajax or Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
- Cajax : A PHP class library for writing powerfull reloadless web user interfaces using Ajax (DHTML+server-side) style
- CakePHP : Cake is a rapid development framework for PHP which uses commonly known design patterns like ActiveRecord, Association Data Mapping, Front Controller and MVC.
- Claw : a convenient and intuitive way of development of PHP5 driven object oriented applications.
- DutchPIPE : PHP object-oriented framework to turn sites into real-time, multi-user virtual environments:
- Guava : Groundwork Guava is a PHP-based application framework and environment.
- HTML_AJAX : HTML_AJAX is a PEAR package for performing AJAX operations from PHP.
- My-BIC : My-BIC AJAX State of Mind for PHP harmony
- phpAjaxTags : phpAjaxTags is a port to PHP from java tag library AjaxTags.
- PHPWebBuilder : PHPWebBuilder is a PHP framework designed following well-known object oriented designs and principles featuring a highly reusable components architecture, metadata based persistence and traditional GUI style programming support.
- Qcodo : open-source PHP 5 framework
- Simple AJAX : This tutorial demonstrates how to perform AJAX functionality simply and effectively, using the AJAX JSMX library, coupled with the JSON-PHP library.
- symfony : open-source PHP5 web framework
- TinyAjax : TinyAjax is a small php5 library that allows you to easily add AJAX-functionality to existing pages
- xajax : Ajax-enable your PHP application with a simple toolkit that gets the job done fast.
- XOAD : PHP based AJAX/XAP object oriented framework that allows you to create richer web applications
- Zoop : oop is an object oriented framework for PHP based on a front controller. It is designed to be very fast and efficient and very nice for the programmer to work with.
- Zephyr : zephyr is an ajax based framework for php5 developers.
Python Ajax Frameworks
- CherryPy : CherryPy is a pythonic, object-oriented web development framework.
- Django : Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
- Nevow : Nevow is a web application construction kit written in Python.
- TurboGears : Python-Based Framework for Rapid Web Development
Ruby Ajax Frameworks
- Ruby On Rails : Rails is a full-stack framework for developing database-backed web applications according to the Model-View-Control pattern.
- Seaside : Seaside is a framework for developing sophisticated web applications in Smalltalk.
Toolkit Ajax Frameworks
API/Documentation/Tutorials on popular frameworks
Tutorials for the various Ajax Frameworks/Toolkits
- Bindows API
- Bindows Tutorials
- Direct Web Remoting (DWR)
- DOJO Toolkit
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Microsoft ASP.NET Atlas
- mootoolkit documentation (moo.fx)
- prototype.js (1.4.0)Developer Notes
- Ruby on Rails
- Scriptaculous CheatSheet
- Tacos Userguide
- Tacos Component Reference
- xajax documentation
- Ajax Design Patterns - Using The Dojo Toolkit : at AjaxProjects
- Using Dojo and JSON to Build Ajax Applications : at Java.net
- The Idiots Guide to moo.fx : by Avinash Vora
- My-BIC - Tutorials and How To’s : at LitFuel
- Ajax Tutorial with Prototype : at PeteFreitag
- Developer Notes for prototype.js : by SergioPereira
- New Echo2 Tutorial Series : at Pathfinder
- Using Ajax with PHP and Sajax : at IBM
- Introduction to Scriptaculous Effects : at 24Ways
- Learn xajax in 10 Minutes : at XajaxProject